Fees & Reservations
Picnic Shelter Reservations
- Kegs are prohibited at all of the Mahaska County Conservation Board areas.
- Shelters that have not been reserved are free for public use on a first come first serve basis.
- Cost to reserve an electric shelter is $25.00.
- Cost to reserve a non-electric shelter is $10.00
- MCCB reserves the right to refuse rental of any shelter house.
Listing of Shelter Houses and Amenities:
- Eddyville Sand Prairie
East: Non-Electric with 2 tables
East (Big): Electric, water, 1 grill, 4 tables and restroom
- White Oak
Cardinal: Non-electric, water, 2 grills, 6 tables, restroom, modern playground, and lake view
Robin: Non-electric, water, 1 grill, 4 tables, restroom, and swing set
Nicholson: Non-electric, 1 grill, 6 tables, restroom, and playground
Truax No-Till Drill Rental
- As of September 6, 2018, MCCB will no longer rent the Truax No-Till Drill.
Forester Tree Planter
- Priority for use: 1. MCCB 2. Mahaska County residents that reserve the planter 3. Mahaska County residents without reservations 4. Non-residents
- Fee is $20.00 per day. Daily rental figured in 24 hour increments.
- All paperwork must be completed BEFORE the tree planter leaves MCCB.
- A $50.00 deposit is required at the time of rental.
- The deposit will be returned after tree planter has been returned and inspected; if cleaned, greased and undamaged. The deposit may be used toward any damage incurred.
- Renter is responsible for picking up and returning the tree planter.
- MCCB reserves the right to refuse rental of the Forester tree planter.
Listing of Forester Tree Planters
- One Forester tree planter
- Sign the Rules for Using County-Owned Watercraft.
- Must be 18 years old or older. Proof of age is required.
- All paperwork must be completed BEFORE watercraft leave MCCB.
- MCCB no longer provides trailers for transportation. MCCB staff can transport watercraft to one of the ponds at the Russell Wildlife Area; however, if watercraft is being used elsewhere, renter will need to provide a vehicle or trailer certified to transport watercraft.
- Daytime use: $15.00 per day.
- Weekend use: $25.00 per weekend (Friday Afternoon – Monday Morning) with a check in by 9:00 a.m. Monday.
- Three day holiday use: $35.00 with a check in of 9:00 a.m. on the date of return.
- Weekly use: $50.00 per week.
For questions or rentals please call (641)670-0687 or (641)670-0688.
Listing of Watercraft
- 8 canoes
- 4 kayaks